5 Tips on Vacuuming Every Day

I didn’t start off vacuuming my entire home every day; I built up to it over time. Here are five tips that helped me build up my vacuuming endurance:

1. I started vacuuming 3-4 times a week in different sections of the house on different days, so the whole house was vacuumed at the end of the week. 

  • Breaking the house down by sections helped me focus on those areas instead of worrying about the whole house at once; when I got faster at vacuuming in sections, I started tackling the whole house every day.

Cleaning today makes tomorrow better
2. We use house shoes, so a lot of dirt from our outside shoes is left on the entrance rug and that cuts down on extra dirt throughout the house.

  • I don’t fret over dirt in the entrance that comes in after I vacuum because I will get it the next day. 

3. I don’t always vacuum the whole house at once.

  • I still break the house down in sections and prefer to do the bedroom first so the cats have a place to get away from the vacuum when I do other sections throughout the day. 

4. I use outlets that let me get the most vacuuming done at once without having to switch outlets more than necessary.

  • I break down the sections I vacuum depending on what outlet I use; this took some time to figure out, but now I know where to plug in for maximum efficiency (I’m able to vacuum my whole house from two outlets). 

5. Paying attention to how long it takes: when I see that it only takes 10 minutes to vacuum half my house, it helps me realize that it doesn’t take that much longer to do the whole house.

  • Housework does not take forever and that’s why it’s important to keep track of time to prove that it doesn’t take forever. 

My house is a little over 1,000 square feet and no stairs; if I had a larger house I would still vacuum in sections so that every week the entire house is vacuumed, but probably not focus on the whole house every day if it’s too overwhelming.  

Plus:

Vacuum accessories: Work gloves & ear protection
I protect my hands by using work gloves when I vacuum so I don’t have to touch the cord, and I wear ear plugs because I’ve never liked the sounds of vacuum cleaners. 

  • I hang the ear plugs on the vacuum handle so they’re where I need them when I need them; I keep the gloves in a dedicated glove bin that is easy to access; I keep my vacuum parked in a designated place out of the way in the office that’s easy to get to when I need it.

Having a Clean Home Never Sucks (JenExxifer | GenX Housewife Memes)
Source
Just because the vacuum sucks doesn’t mean vacuuming has to suck, and having a clean home never sucks! 

What are your vacuuming goals?

Share your goals in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts: