1940s Kitchen Efficiency & Organization

A Step Saving Kitchen, 1949: an informational training video created by the Department of Agriculture.

The kitchen in this video has a similar layout to my home kitchen; and just like in this video, I don't have a dishwasher or a garbage disposal, so it's nice to see a kitchen that I can relate to!

This video offers some good ideas on how to organize a kitchen for maximum efficiency. Even without all the neat built-in bins, placement of items makes a big difference in kitchen efficiency and I recommend watching this video for that reason. 

While the kitchen design in the video may seem outdated, something I have observed about modern/trendy kitchens (which are often created by people who aren't homemakers) is that if the layout and set-up does not help me as a homemaker to be more efficient in the kitchen or make my tasks easier, it's not a good design, period. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts: